What documents are needed to remortgage?Last Updated: August 04, 2018
The lender may require further documents to this list, but for now, these are the standard document requirements:
- Latest Mortgage statement dated within the last 12 months
- Passport (Must be valid and in date) or Drivers Licence (Must be valid and in date)
- Income proof that matches your application (either your latest 3 months payslip or your latest 3 years tax return)
- Latest 3 months bank statements (the bank statements provided must show your income being credited and general expenditure going out)
- Latest Council Tax Statement or Utility Bill dated within the last three months
- An up-to-date credit report dated within the same month.
We recommend CheckMyFile for the most comprehensive credit report.
They are the only UK company to provide your credit report from the top three leading agencies (Experian, Equifax and CallCredit), the same agencies that the mortgage lenders use in their application assessment.